The Screen Stars t-shirt has been a beloved fashion icon that has stood the test of time. Despite being produced only from 1970 to 1989, it has remained a staple in the vintage clothing market, known for its classic style and timeless design. In this article, we delve into the history of this iconic piece of clothing, explore its impact on the fashion industry, and uncover the reasons why it remains so popular today.
I. A Brief History of the Screen Stars T-Shirt
The Screen Stars t-shirt was created in response to the growing demand for casual wear in the 1970s. Part of the Fruit of Loom brand, this t-shirt quickly gained a following due to its high-quality construction and precise screen printing techniques. As the popularity of the Screen Stars t-shirt continued to grow, Fruit of Loom expanded the product line to include a range of other casual wear items.
II. The Enduring Popularity of Screen Stars
Although discontinued in 1989, the Screen Stars t-shirt continues to be a highly sought-after item in the vintage clothing market. Its timeless design and universal appeal have helped it transcend trends and fads, while its quality and durability have ensured its longevity.
III. The Relevance of Screen Stars T-Shirts Today
So, why do Screen Stars t-shirts continue to be popular over 30 years after they were last produced? There are several key factors that have contributed to their relevance:
- Timeless Style: The classic design of the Screen Stars t-shirt has a timeless appeal that is still relevant today.
- Unmatched Quality: The precise screen printing techniques and high-quality materials used to create the Screen Stars t-shirt make it a durable and comfortable option.
- Affordable: Despite being a classic piece of fashion, the Screen Stars t-shirt is still priced within reach of the average consumer, making it an accessible option.
IV. The Legacy of the Screen Stars
T-Shirt In conclusion, the Screen Stars t-shirt is a true classic and a testament to the power of craftsmanship and quality. Its timeless style, commitment to quality, and affordability make it a must-have item for anyone looking to add a touch of vintage Americana to their wardrobe. Whether you’re a fan of vintage clothing or simply appreciate comfortable and stylish clothing, the Screen Stars t-shirt is a piece of fashion history that you don’t want to miss.
V. Screen Stars Labels
Screen Stars is a T-shirt label that you find in a number of Authentic Vintage Tees dating back to the 70’s and 80’s. Screen Stars was purchased in the 80’s by BEST, which was later taken over by Fruit of A Loom. The remnants of the Screen Star style can be found today in the Fruit of Loom BEST style tee. Many vintage tees were printed on the 50/50 screen star t-shirt blank with the paper Screen Star tag. The lightweight comfort and feel of the screen start blank is desired by current collectors in the industry world wide.
- “Screen Stars Best” Label: This was the last label used on the Screen Stars t-shirt and was considered the highest quality label. The “Screen Stars Best” label was sewn into the collar of the t-shirt and signified that the t-shirt was made of the finest materials and had the best screen printing techniques.
- “Screen Stars” Label: This label was introduced later and was a simpler version of the “Screen Stars Best” label. This label was also sewn into the collar of the t-shirt and signified that the t-shirt was of good quality, but not as high quality as the “Screen Stars Best” label.
- “Screen Stars Super” Label: The “Screen Stars Soft” label was used on a line of t-shirts that were made with a softer and more comfortable material. This label was screen printed on the t-shirt, rather than being sewn into the collar.
- “Screen Stars Basic” Label: The “Screen Stars Basic” label was used on a line of t-shirts that were made with lower quality materials and were sold at a lower price point. This label was screen printed on the t-shirt, rather than being sewn into the collar.
It’s important to note that these labels may vary depending on the year and location of production, as the Fruit of the Loom brand had factories all over the world. However, these are the most commonly seen labels on Screen Stars t-shirts.
Super Screen Star Paper Tag “Late 70’s”
Super Screen Star Paper Tag “Late 70’s”
Best Screen Star Tag “Late 80’s”