Increase Holiday Sales with Vintage Clothing Gift Certificates
How to increase your sales during the Holiday Season with Gift Certificates – a vintage shops best solution to increase Holiday Sales
Jane has a Vintage Clothing Store and why her sales are not what she anticipated for the Holiday Shopping Season. In the past when she ran a modern clothing boutique sales skyrocket during the season, but that was not the case with vintage. She even notice that the other retailers in her area were more busy than usual, yet she can’t seem to understand her store was not.
There could be a number of different reasons why Jane’s store is struggling during the Holiday Season while other stores in her area are not. The number one reason may have nothing to do with her or her shop, it could just be that people don’t usually purchase vintage clothing as gifts. To the laymen it is still “used clothing”, dare I mention,”the stuff you find in a thrift store.” Even if they know the value of a particular piece, matching the exact size can be very difficult when gifting it to someone. That is why Gift Certificates can be the perfect gift for Vintage Clothing stores hoping to get the most out the Holiday Season.
Jane’s staff was well trained when it came to answering questions about vintage apparel, however when they learned how offer incentive to gift buyers they found a direct path to increase holiday sales. They made unique gift certificates, as unique as the clothing the offered. In return their customers had a opportunity to promote the shop with a one-of-a-kind gift experience.
You read that smart business owners offer gift certificates. You know from experience that you appreciate gift certificates. Now you’re wondering how to create your own gift certificates.
Vintage Clothing Boutiques should create their own gift certificates, with real value, and encourage your clients to buy and use them as gifts.
Suggestions on How to Create Your Own Gift Certificates
There are a number of different computer software programs that will assist you in making a gift certificate of your very own. If you know how to use a couple of different programs than you have way more options.
1. Microsoft Publisher: This program allows even a novice to create small business gift certificates. The software provides a gift certificate template to get you started. Simply start Microsoft Publisher. A “New Publications” window opens on the left. Click the top choice, “New Publications for Print” and then click “Gift certificates” in the new window. You will have a choice of 35 different small business gift certificates, ready for you to customize. Select a design you like, and click areas to type in your information. If you don’t like the gift certificate color scheme or font, go to the task pane on the left and choose a new one.
2. Microsoft Word: This software, too, offers gift certificate templates. In Word, under “File” click on “new” and type “gift certificate” into the task pane on the right. These 30 templates offer all-purpose as well as specific occasion gift certificates. Select a line of text, and customize your small business gift certificates.
3. Adobe PhotoShop: This graphics program allows you to place a photo of your business or product on your small business gift certificates. In PhotoShop, under “File” click on “new” and enter the dimensions of your gift certificate. A common size is about 3.5″ height by 7″ width. Leave a margin of at least 0.25″ on all sides. Color blocks are good, and can be added to your gift certificate easily in this program. Make it clear in writing that this is a gift certificate. Add your business name and address. Type the word “Number” with a line or box in which the number can be entered. Indicate that “This certificate entitles (space for a name) to (space for your offer)” or type the exact offer. You will also want a line that tells the recipient that the gift certificate is not redeemable for cash, and that its redemption value does not exceed a given amount. Provide authorization and expiration spaces, and print.
4. PageMaker: For clearer type, you may want to design the graphics of your small business gift certificates in a program such as Adobe PhotoShop, and then import those into PageMaker. Add the copy in PageMaker and print. You can line up 3 on a page by copy/pasting your gift certificates.
5. Giftango: This is not software, but a website where you can download and modify free small business gift certificates.
Gift Certificates for Online Businesses
You can create gift certificates for online businesses, too. Check first to see if the shopping cart service you use makes provision for gift certificates. They will be able to tell you how to create your own gift certificates for online shoppers.
Uses for Small Business Gift Certificates
Small business gift certificates are appreciated by both the gift givers and the gift recipients. They are easy to give and fun to spend.
Use small business gift certificates to introduce your business to new customers. You can potentially bring in a loyal customer or client who will be with you for years. Say thank you to loyal customers with gift certificates Add gift certificates to your regular line of merchandise.
Use small business gift certificates for private bookshops, boutiques, beauty salons, nail salons, restaurants, spas, candy stores, flower shops, etc. Use gift certificates online for any kind of business you have.
Authentic Gift Certificates, Presentation
Think about the presentation of your gift certificate and how it differ from others. We have created gift certificates for Vintage Boutiques by laying out a design in Adbe Photoshop, then cutting out a shape out of an old recycled cardboard boxes, then gluing the GC to the cut out cardboard. This gives the Vintage Gift Certificate a card stock backing which makes it look very nice. We have also used old denim jeans pockets for envelopes to put the Vintage Clothing Gift Certificate in for presentation.
Generic Gift Certificates
If you decide not to create your own gift certificates, you can purchase generic gift certificates. They will be less effective as an advertisement, but can still bring customers to your store.